Being an American and seeing that Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election I was curious to see who voted for which candidate.
The 2016 voter breakdown
- Clinton won 65% of the overall Latino vote, while Trump won 29%
- Some 88% of black voters supported Clinton, versus 8% for Trump. While that’s a large margin, it’s not as big as President Barack Obama’s victory over Mitt Romney in 2012. Obama locked up 93% of the black vote to Romney’s 7%.
- Trump won 54% of white male voters with college degrees, while Clinton won 39% of the vote
- Trump won 72% of white male voters without college degrees, while Clinton won 23%
- Trump won 62% of the white female voters without college degrees, while Clinton won 34%
A look at the 2016 voter breakdown pic.twitter.com/eVG1eHsiR9