There are many different topics I would like to discuss this semester. How can I narrow them down?
Well, I really like sports. So theres a start. I cover men’s tennis for the Daily Eastern News, but I would like to do something totally different compared to that. Maybe just NBA, or maybe just the state of EIU athletics.
I’m interested in this topic because it is what I want to have a career in. The fact that if I keep blogging about sports and keep up to date with them, it will make me a better writer.
I’m a student at EIU, so if I cover EIU sports, then it puts me closer to the action and players. I know different things about sports. Throughout the year, sports season change, like right now we have basketball, pretty soon baseball will be coming up.
Ten ideas I have that I can write about are:
- The men’s tennis team, since I already cover them for the DEN
- Club teams and their struggle
- My experience working camera for the OVC digital network
- My experience as a student at EIU going to watch a game
- Ask fans/students that go to games, why they go?
- The trouble a student athlete goes through to maintain grades
- The life of a student athlete
- How to cover a game
- Why are sports vital to a university?
- The differences in sports